You don’t need to become a member to thrive at Bethel Austin. Membership is an outward and formalized sign of the commitment in an individual’s heart. As members, we join together for God’s glory and our mutual benefit. Membership is a commitment between the Local Church Congregation members and between the Local Church Congregation’s leaders and members.
If you want to be a member, you must:
- Have a personal relationship w/Jesus Christ (born again) – Acts 2:41a
- Be baptized in water following salvation – Acts 2:41b
- Complete the Elements class (available online in Summer 2021)
- Finish the “Kingdom Culture” book (available at the resource table)
- Be actively serving on a team and/or pursuing it when membership requirements are finished
- Sign a Membership Commitment as a token of the commitment in your heart (which the Leadership will then approve)
- Submit your “Membership Details” with picture of yourself, which will be emailed to you after you sign the Membership Commitment.
- Early access to conference registration with a 10% discount on paid conferences
- 10% discount at the Bethel Austin bookstore and resource table
- Discounted tuition at future Bethel Austin ministry school
- Invitation to attend the annual Bethel Austin business meeting
- Invitation to attend the members-only vision night
- Bethel Austin Bible
The below sections contain Bethel Austin’s bylaws explaining membership, Statement of Faith, Statement of Purpose and your Membership Commitment. Carefully read and pray about the membership commitment. If you believe God wants you to make this commitment to Bethel Austin, you can get started below.
Get started here:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Do I have to be a member to attend Bethel Austin?
Absolutely not! Bethel Austin weekend services will always be open to the general public, and membership is not required to be a part of them.
Why are we rolling out membership?
We want to strengthen the foundations of who we are and what we are building as a church because there is powerful blessing under Heaven in agreement, in unity and in covenant.
Will there be a published members list or members roster?
No, the members list or members roster will be maintained in the church database.
Do I have to be a member to serve?
No, you do not to be a member to serve somewhere at Bethel Austin. However, you do need to serve if you’re a member as part of your membership commitment.