Statement of Purpose
Bethel Austin (the “Congregation”) purposes to be an expression of the Body of Christ (the church), submitted to the Lord Jesus Christ in all things, patterned after the elements of the New Testament church order that are reproducible in our context, and dedicated, through the power of the Holy Spirit:
- To evangelize the unconverted to a saving faith in Jesus Christ; to apply the healing Gospel of Jesus Christ to all kinds of social and personal sins, diseases, and disorders (Matt. 28:19; Prov. 11:30; John 10:10);
- To reproduce the life and character of the risen Christ in a growing congregational expression of the Body of Christ; to disciple participants, producing in them wholeness and maturity; to develop spiritual leaders who can reproduce themselves and meet the needs of others (Phil. 2-5:11; Matt. 28:19; 2 Tim. 2:2);
- To adore and glorify God in the liberty of the Holy Spirit through public and private worship; and to administer the sacraments or ordinances (Rev. 19:10b; 1 Cor. 6:20; Matt. 28:19; 1 Cor. 11:23-24);
- To experience and express love as the intended relationship of God and person, and person to person (John 13:34-35; Matt. 22:37-40);
- To encourage and strengthen other expressions of the body of Christ, especially in Austin, and to promote unity and harmony in the body (1 Cor. 14:12; Rom. 14:19); and
- To discover, nurture, and commission people whom the Holy Spirit has called to minister beyond Austin (Matt. 28:19; Matt. 9:37).